Skip to main content

This site is best viewed with a modern browser. You appear to be using an old version of Internet Explorer.


'Sharepoint' links point to the OUH intranet, which is accessible to staff with an OUH login. 'OXNET' is also an internal system.

Previously 'Grievance'

If you have been unable to resolve your concerns informally (see Informal concerns) you should raise a formal concern under the Trust's Resolution (Grievance and Collective Disputes) Procedure ( by completing the Request for Formal Resolution Form (

Once completed, this should be sent to your Line Manager (or your Line Manager's Manager, if your concern is about your Line Manager).

You should receive an acknowledgement of your request for formal resolution within seven calendar days, and a meeting will be arranged with you to discuss and agree the next steps.

Where further information is required, a formal investigation may take place prior to a formal resolution meeting being arranged to hear your concerns.

Once the formal resolution meeting has taken place you will be notified of the outcome and will have the right to appeal the outcome.

At any time during the resolution process, with the agreement of all parties, the process can be paused to allow facilitated conversation, mediation or another intervention to be completed.

Wellbeing support

Escalating a concern

If you feel your concern is not being responded to, you can escalate your concern through the following route:

  1. Line Manager
  2. Line Manager's Manager
  3. General Manager / Matron (or equivalent)
  4. Divisional Director of Operations / Nursing (or equivalent)
  5. Divisional Director (or equivalent)

If you feel you are not getting a response from your workforce team, you can escalate your concern through the following route:

  1. Divisional Head of Workforce
  2. Assistant Director of Workforce - Employee Relations
  3. Director of Workforce
  4. Chief People Officer
Last reviewed:14 March 2024