Skip to main content

Alert COVID-19

Please find service updates and current visiting rules in our COVID-19 section.

This site is best viewed with a modern browser. You appear to be using an old version of Internet Explorer.

Pay, annual leave and leave types

Information alert box Last updated: 1 September 2022

This is a fast moving situation and we will try to keep this page as up-to-date as possible.
Please continue to check national guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic.

If your question is not answered below, and you are a member of staff, please speak to your line manager or email

If your question is about an OUH HR matter that isn't addressed here, please discuss this initially with your line manager who can then raise it with the HR consultant for your Division.

Some links are to documents on the OUH internal staff intranet: if you are a staff member and cannot access the intranet, please email and we will send you the document you need.

Please remember guidance is likely to change rapidly, so check back to see if you have the most up-to-date version of a document.

Staff employed directly by OUH

If you test positive for COVID-19:

  • contact GoodShape to log your absence
  • self-isolate as required.

Your sickness absence will be paid in line with your contractual sickness entitlement.

(If your absence started before 7 July 2022, you will have received separate guidance.)

If you are self-isolating, or have symptoms but feel well enough to work from home, refer to the Remote Working Policy (pdf) (staff intranet) and speak to your line manager.

If you are looking after someone, for example a child whose school has closed, and cannot work from home, contact GoodShape to log your absence and speak to your line manager.

For more information, please speak to your Divisional HR team.

Staff employed by NHS Professionals

Please refer to the advice available from NHSP or email

Agency workers are subject to the terms and conditions of their contracts with their employing agency.