Skip to main content
Clinical Haematology

This site is best viewed with a modern browser. You appear to be using an old version of Internet Explorer.

Social care and support

Social Workers are available to support both adult and children inpatients or outpatients.

Social Services


Adult Social Services are usually accessed via Oxford Health or primary care via GPs for patients in the Oxford Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre (OHTC) catchment area.

Social and Health Care Team - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Information and advice about adult social care - Oxfordshire County Council

Useful information | social care - Healthwatch Oxfordshire

Request an assessment

Tel: 0345 050 7666
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm

Out of hours emergency number: 0800 833408 (freephone)


Children's services - Oxfordshire County Council

Support offered includes:

  • advice and advocacy - for the child / young person and their family members / carers
  • liaison between children / young people, their families and health professionals
  • liaison with agencies providing housing and education.
  • welfare advice – assistance with applying for benefits
  • support accessing funding / grants.

Patients outside Oxfordshire

If you live outside Oxfordshire, please see your GP for support and referral to social services.


Northamptonshire County Council Adult Care Team - NHS website

Adult social care - North Northamptonshire Council

Adult social care and wellbeing - West Northamptonshire Council


Care for adults - Buckinghamshire Council


Adult Social Care Advice - West Berkshire Council


Wiltshire Adult Social Care Advice and Contact Team

Last reviewed:19 April 2024