How to find us
Getting to the John Radcliffe
Getting around the John Radcliffe
Major roadworks on A420 London Road, Headington
Roadworks in place from the Green Road roundabout to the area of the Lyndworth Close junction.
Please see the link below on the Oxfordshire County Council website for urgent updates.
Roadworks at The Plain Roundabout, St Clements, Oxford - January to April 2015
Work has begun to improve the safety of the roundabout for cyclists and pedestrians.
For updates please visit:
Please review your daily journey route, and, where possible, consider alternatives.
For advice about travelling within Oxford please see
Go to top…
Understanding the floor 'Levels'
- Level LG2: ground floor entrance level for West Wing and Children's Hospital, at the foot of the hill.
- Level LG1: one floor above the ground floor.
- Level 0: one floor above LG1, and at the same level as the basement floor of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building, which is situated further up the hill.
- Level 1: one floor above level 0, and at the same level of level 1 of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building. There is an entrance to the main hospital building on this level from the car park, where an escalator leads up to the League of Friends cafe.
- Level 2: the top floor of the West Wing and Children's Hospital, and on the same level as level 2 of the John Radcliffe Hospital main building, where the main hospital entrance is located. A link corridor on level 2 connects the Children's Hospital (but not the West Wing) with the League of Friends cafe area in the main building: follow signs for 'main hospital'.
- Levels 3 - 7: (main hospital only) take the lifts in the main lift lobby which can be found a little further along the corridor from the main hospital entrance on level 2.
- The Women's Centre is a separate, very similar building next to the John Radcliffe main hospital building and has a separate main entrance from the car park, also on 'level 2'.
If you have concerns about where to attend for your appointment, please contact the relevant department.
Go to top…