How to find us
Getting to the John Radcliffe
Getting around the John Radcliffe
Major roadworks on A420 London Road, Headington - from Monday 13 October 2014
Oxfordshire County Council has announced major roadworks on the A420 London Road, Headington, commencing Monday 13 October 2014. The roadworks will be in place from the Green Road roundabout to the area of the Lyndworth Close junction.
Please see the link below on the Oxfordshire County Council website for urgent updates.
Please review your daily journey route, and, where possible, consider alternatives.
Go to top…
Kennington and Hinksey Hill contraflow - until November 2014
Road users are being asked to plan ahead for traffic disruption on the A423 as work progresses on the Southern Bypass Improvement Scheme at Kennington Roundabout and Hinksey Hill Interchange.
On 27 July new contraflow arrangements came into force, which will reduce the A423 to one lane in each direction on a full time basis between Hinksey Hill Interchange and Heyford Hill Interchange. This is expected to last until early November 2014 and will inevitably mean greater congestion and longer journey times.
There will also be various side and slip road closures and turning movement restrictions at Kennington Roundabout, Old Abingdon Road and Kennington Road. Diversion signs will be in place for these, and road users are urged to drive with care as they get used to the new temporary layout and obey the 30 mph speed limit.
For advice about travelling within Oxford please see
Go to top…
Understanding the floor 'Levels'
- Level LG2: ground floor entrance level for West Wing and Children's Hospital, at the foot of the hill.
- Level LG1: one floor above the ground floor.
- Level 0: one floor above LG1, and at the same level as the basement floor of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building, which is situated further up the hill.
- Level 1: one floor above level 0, and at the same level of level 1 of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building. There is an entrance to the main hospital building on this level from the car park, where an escalator leads up to the League of Friends cafe.
- Level 2: the top floor of the West Wing and Children's Hospital, and on the same level as level 2 of the John Radcliffe Hospital main building, where the main hospital entrance is located. A link corridor on level 2 connects the Children's Hospital (but not the West Wing) with the League of Friends cafe area in the main building: follow signs for 'main hospital'.
- Levels 3 - 7: (main hospital only) take the lifts in the main lift lobby which can be found a little further along the corridor from the main hospital entrance on level 2.
- The Women's Centre is a separate, very similar building next to the John Radcliffe main hospital building and has a separate main entrance from the car park, also on 'level 2'.
If you have concerns about where to attend for your appointment, please contact the relevant department.