How to find us
Getting to the John Radcliffe
Getting around the John Radcliffe
For advice about travelling within Oxford please see
Go to top…
A new main entrance for the John Radcliffe Hospital
Work has started on the construction of a new Welcome Centre at the John Radcliffe Hospital.
The aim is to provide a much more attractive environment for patients, visitors and staff arriving and leaving the hospital via the busy main entrance which is used by thousands of people every week.
Work is due to finish in autumn 2015. Until then there will be no access to the area immediately outside the existing main entrance for any vehicles. Pedestrian access to the main entrance will be maintained throughout the construction period.
Disabled patients and visitors parking was moved to Car Park 2 (outside the Women's Centre) during improvement work earlier in 2014. There are 48 disabled parking spaces in the part of this car park which is closest to the main entrance.
Go to top…
Understanding the floor 'Levels'
- Level LG2: ground floor entrance level for West Wing and Children's Hospital, at the foot of the hill.
- Level LG1: one floor above the ground floor.
- Level 0: one floor above LG1, and at the same level as the basement floor of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building, which is situated further up the hill.
- Level 1: one floor above level 0, and at the same level of level 1 of the main John Radcliffe Hospital building. There is an entrance to the main hospital building on this level from the car park, where an escalator leads up to the League of Friends cafe.
- Level 2: the top floor of the West Wing and Children's Hospital, and on the same level as level 2 of the John Radcliffe Hospital main building, where the main hospital entrance is located. A link corridor on level 2 connects the Children's Hospital (but not the West Wing) with the League of Friends cafe area in the main building: follow signs for 'main hospital'.
- Levels 3 - 7: (main hospital only) take the lifts in the main lift lobby which can be found a little further along the corridor from the main hospital entrance on level 2.
- The Women's Centre is a separate, very similar building next to the John Radcliffe main hospital building and has a separate main entrance from the car park, also on 'level 2'.
If you have concerns about where to attend for your appointment, please contact the relevant department.
Go to top…