Welcome to the Oxford Centre for Enablement
The Oxford Centre for Enablement specialises in all aspects of disability and rehabilitation: clinical, education, research, and policy. It aims to help patients, other clinicians and clinical services, researchers, educationalists, commissioners and anyone involved in designing or developing rehabilitation services. Its service focus is Oxfordshire and surrounding counties.
Our primary goal is to ensure that each person with persisting disability and/or distress arising from disease or damage achieves the best level of social integration possible, whilst also considering equitable, fair allocation of limited resources.
The Centre houses a variety of specific services:
- specialist neurological rehabilitation for inpatients and out-patients;
- assistive technology services such as prostheses, orthoses and wheelchairs;
- more generalised services, largely on an out-patient basis.
Its services include:
- Rehabilitation: assessment and advice, specific treatments and therapies, and supporting people over their lifetime if needed.
- Education: both undergraduate and postgraduate levels as well as professional training at all levels.
- Research: primarily supporting and in collaboration with university departments.
- Information: on any and all aspects of disability and rehabilitation
If you have or are interested in or know someone with longer term disability then you are always welcome to make contact to see if we can help. Our goal is always to give a helpful reply, even if we cannot act directly.
Read more about our services