Cardiac outpatients (general) referrals
General cardiology outpatients can be arranged through Choose & Book. In most cases a generic referral is all that is necessary.
Where the patient falls into a subspecialty category:
- adult congenital heart disease
- heart failure
- Marfan's syndrome etc.
the patient may be referred directly to the consultant(s) concerned.
Patients with a long and complex cardiac history, or presenting with complaint similar to a previous complaint, can be referred, via Choose & Book, directly back to the consultant they have seen before.
- Dr A Banning: Monday and Friday pm
- Dr H Becher / Dr P Leeson: Wednesday pm
- Prof K Channon / Dr R Choudrey: Thursday am
- Dr J Dwight / Dr M Landray: Wednesday am
- Dr C Forfar: Monday and Wednesday am
- Dr R Kharbanda: Friday am
- Dr O Ormerod: Thursday am
- Dr S Myerson: Tuesday am
If you wish to arrange an echo or holter analysis, the email advice line may be more appropriate.
For chest pain referrals consider referring to the Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic.
For patients with complex cardiac arrhythmias consider referring to the heart rhythm management service.
For patients with advance heart failure issues consider referring to the advance heart failure clinic.
The current waiting time for outpatients after receipt of the GP's letter is about six weeks.
Go to top…